Aimbots and Several Contemporaneous Ideas

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

Aimbots and Several Contemporaneous Ideas

Post by Sparky » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:21 am

I wonder if you guys would be interested in talking about aimbots. Based upon the youtube videos and comments I've heard in the past about this, it would seem like an aimbot would use memory values for players rather than screen readers, because it can even follow player coordinates when they are not in view. With 2D games, you typically would have screen readers with color detection.

I think if we figure out what is being done, maybe nil could bundle in his HaloMD a feature which disallows aimbot use.
Last edited by Sparky on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sven
SEAL

Re: Aimbots

Post by Sven » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:09 am

I've seen blatant use of aimbots on servers in the past, but they are not always too effective. If it is possible, including sounds like a great idea.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:19 am

Simple solution: No widespread aimbots on Mac full == No one cares.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:49 am

The only people who still play this game are those who care about it enough to not be massive shit-heads.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 am

Reminds me of some parables of the Kingdom of God, where the seed was planted on good soil, accepted, and through perseverance those people produced a crop.

Halo is still a game, though. I find that the player communities and the modder communities are still identifiable but that most players are also modders. See, being creative with a game brings it more interest. Look at the Halo Custom Edition communities still thriving.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Sparky wrote:Reminds me of some parables of the Kingdom of God, where the seed was planted on good soil, accepted, and through perseverance those people produced a crop.

Halo is still a game, though. I find that the player communities and the modder communities are still identifiable but that most players are also modders. See, being creative with a game brings it more interest. Look at the Halo Custom Edition communities still thriving.
Untrue. Most players are not modders, and Custom Edition is not taken that seriously by competitive players.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:13 am

Sparky wrote:Reminds me of some parables of the Kingdom of God, where the seed was planted on good soil, accepted, and through perseverance those people produced a crop.

Remember how this is a game?
Just because your holy fable relates to this some how, doesn't mean it's the answer to everything.
You could have just said the second part, no need for the first part.

We're not custom edition.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:37 pm

As for the rest of this topic, nil disagrees with its value, I was curious based upon comparing MMO bots with FPS aimbots. The fact that people can do wrong and abuse things is not the point, but the point is how to understand these things and prevent them.

As for Custom Edition, it's the same game engine as every other Halo 1 game. In fact, Halo 2 is very much similar to Halo 1, but it uses a wider variety of shaders and such. Halo 2 modding right now, in comparison, is about where Halo 1 modding was when it first started and with the popularity of HMT (the equivalent of Halo 1's HMT for Halo 2 is Mr. Mohawk), except that the popularity of modding (I use the term loosely to include map and asset development) Halo 1 has also contributed to the Halo 2 community, which is pretty much the same people. Halo 2 also has it's own HEK, the H2EK, which again was "hacked" for greater functionality by folks like kornmann00. But let's not digress into a discussion about the development of the game engine between subsequent versions of the game series, that should be another topic.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:34 am

No real aimbots for Mac. There is one for demo, but it is pretty shit.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:10 am

So there is one for Halo Demo Mac then, probably for PPC, because that was when I heard about it.

Are the coordinates of biped model markers like #head tracked in memory? But that one Halo CE mod would not have even used that method. And by that standard, all the aimbots for the Halo engine seem to be poor quality.

I'm getting the feeling like we could be developing a program that controls AI ... synchronizes AI ... wow, why didn't we do this before ... the host could use a third-party program which tracks the biped coords in their Halo app's memory and coordinates the information with all the other third-party programs clients would be using. This would totally be possible with HaloMD, since it uses the wrapper anyway. ! I feel like I'm repeating myself now. Repeating myself.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:01 am

Yes, the demo one is shit, not sure about PPC.

Head coordinates are not stored, only player positions. The bot uses a modified position value to compensate for where the head is. Normally this allows people to crouch and the bot will still aim above them at where the head was, unless it is a smart bot. Also, players in vehicles cannot be tracked correctly using most bot methods.

External AI control would cause lag and bad times.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:44 am

Lag is better than nothing.

I never really messed around with player coordinates in memory, but I discovered that the host player has three similar float values for its X coordinate just now.

Code: Select all

4BB48A48 = 98.8
4BB48A7C = 98.9
4BB48BE8 = 98.7
Once you respawn, though, these memory addresses are no longer used. Doesn't it have something to do with the map magic ... or something like that?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:24 am

There are aimbots for Mac full, but there aren't any that are widespread.

The public one on Demo supports Intel, and if it works for PPC, it's a "coincidence" as far as I remember.

Player positions change because the player structure is discarded and a new one is created when a player dies or new game starts or whatever.

See here and here for a rough idea of the details for Demo, or any of the several memory mods that look at player position, or HServerChanger's code, or one of Samuco's swordedit modifications, or etc.

Also, stop bringing up religion.

Samuco_

Post by Samuco_ » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:57 am

Crouching isn't a problem. You can tell whether a player is crouching or not in the memory...
I tried to make an AI a while ago (that actually controlled your keyboard, mouse etc). It sortof worked...

It would be fun if players could program their own 'AI,' get put in one match and we see who wins :)

Samuco
Peon

Post by Samuco » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:01 am

Take a look at this script if you want more information about memory shiz.
http://www.samuco.net/swordedit/Halo.py

Specifically...

Code: Select all

def isCrouched(self):
        try: return (readUInt8(self.address()+523)==1)
        except: return 0

def x(self): return readFloat(self.address()+92)
	def y(self): return readFloat(self.address()+96)	
	def z(self): return readFloat(self.address()+100)

for player in getPlayers():
		if player.vehicle().isBanshee():

for player in getPlayers():
		if player.vehicle().isWarthog():
I made another version of swordedit a while ago that acted next to the radar. It provided an overall map of the game with player locations.
You could possibly create some sort of awesome spartan helmet that overlaid over Halo giving feedback about things (like grenaids/enemies flashing red). Augmented reality?

If you wanted to make a decent aimbot, you would also need to cope for ping/vehicles etc. Good luck with that :p
You should focus on trying to find the walk/shoot/turn memory values instead of using the terrible simulated mouse/keyboard idea :)