Pearl 2 Public Beta

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
Modzy
Green Beret

Pearl 2 Public Beta

Post by Modzy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:44 pm

This open beta of Pearl is able to convert Halo Demo maps into Halo Full. Test and post about failed converts, or converted maps not playing properly.

Download

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Pearl 2 Public Beta

Post by nil » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Yay. Now modders can try playing their old mods...

I know "perfect demo to full converting" is on your todo list, but to be a little more specific of what that is.... I assume a nulled BSP (which breaks in full version) being replaced with a huge BSP is one of those things..
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:19 pm

nil wrote:I know "perfect demo to full converting" is on your todo list, but to be a little more specific of what that is.... I assume a nulled BSP (which breaks in full version) being replaced with a huge BSP is one of those things..
Thats one thing that need to be done. Need to add workarounds for bad modding once they become known.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:55 pm

When I tried converting a CE map into a (full?) map, it stalled and crashed and the filesize ended up being 4.27 GB.
Also the "hide file extension" option in the save dialog window doesn't work right.
And the conversion option doesn't show for CE to Full yet, or for CE to demo.

That said, since you said this public beta is only for demo to full, and everything with that works just fine, congratulations! :D
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:00 pm

It's actually not suppose to let you convert anything but demo to full. I suppose I didn't remove that feature correctly for the beta (also why it stalled as I removed code).

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:00 pm

It works with my normal bloodgulch maps, but when I try to convert one with a swapped bsp, it crashed. Do you know the reason for this?
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Mgalekgolo wrote:It works with my normal bloodgulch maps, but when I try to convert one with a swapped bsp, it crashed. Do you know the reason for this?
Link to map?

Ranger

Post by 002 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:09 am

The map mgalek's using was actually broken, if he was using the map I showed him. I tried it in the demo version of Halo and it crashed. :\

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:39 am

Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:26 pm

In the save dialog window, I press Cancel and the interface doesn't let me select another map and the wheel keeps spinning in the window.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.