Been searching for a download of Halo Demo for a while

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Monk34
Ranger

Been searching for a download of Halo Demo for a while

Post by Monk34 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 am

and I've been having some trouble actually finding a way to get it. I deleted my copy a while ago, and since then, the sites I had originally downloaded from have all either taken down the files or are just broken links.

Can anyone lead me to a definitive download of the Halo Demo folder and all of it's contents? Thanks in advance.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Been searching for a download of Halo Demo for a while

Post by Sparky » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:46 am

Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Monk34
Ranger

Post by Monk34 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Oh! Thanks so much! Much appreciated!

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:23 am

Glad to see you are still around, monk!
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Monk34
Ranger

Post by Monk34 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:25 am

Amy wrote:Glad to see you are still around, monk!
I'm shocked that people remember me, to be honest lol. I literally contributed NOTHING to this community back when I was active. Oh well, I've been bored this Summer and have taken a new interest in Artificial Intelligence. I figured I'd start to poke around with Halo's AI again.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:29 am

That's great! If you need help i'll try to remember what i knew about halo AIs. You can often find me in the IRC channel.

also hey, it's good to see you. You interested in AIs, huh? When i will be able, i'll write a small AI for the house i'll be living in. You know, something that would recognize me when i get home and say "Welcome home, taxi", something that would be able to control the electronics in my house when i asked it to, something that could build up opinions and that would be able to talk with you... you know.

...i know it's a pretty visionary thing to wish, but what the hell! If i have time i'm sure i could work something out..! A HAL-like computer in my house would be cool. :P

...imagine being at home and saying "computer! start the dishwasher!" or "turn the lights on!", or even "switch the tv channel to some news" and stuff!!! Oh man i want to live there.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Ranger

Post by 002 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:53 am

It's been a long time since I've heard of anyone considering to download Halo Demo. Welcome back.

TaxiService wrote:...imagine being at home and saying "computer! start the dishwasher!" or "turn the lights on!", or even "switch the tv channel to some news" and stuff!!! Oh man i want to live there.
INTRODUCING: YOUR FINGER!

It's faster, smaller, easier to use, and it's free, plus it can do all of those household chores before you say "start the dishwasher." It's not programmed with bugs. That's right. 100% BUG FREE! You won't have to deal with any quirks, crashes, or errors. It does the work 100% of the time. It works when there's no power in the house. It also goes to sleep when you do, saving energy.

That's right. Your finger is the most versatile instrument at your disposal, and it comes with your installation of your life, also free. You don't even pay shipping! So get your finger today!

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:01 pm

>no_fun_allowed.jpg

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:46 pm

I think Taxi is about to poke 002 with his new finger.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:37 pm

I better block it with my all-purpose hand.

Anyway, back on topic, how's the lobby looking?

Monk34
Ranger

Post by Monk34 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:37 am

TaxiService wrote:That's great! If you need help i'll try to remember what i knew about halo AIs. You can often find me in the IRC channel.

also hey, it's good to see you. You interested in AIs, huh? When i will be able, i'll write a small AI for the house i'll be living in. You know, something that would recognize me when i get home and say "Welcome home, taxi", something that would be able to control the electronics in my house when i asked it to, something that could build up opinions and that would be able to talk with you... you know.

...i know it's a pretty visionary thing to wish, but what the hell! If i have time i'm sure i could work something out..! A HAL-like computer in my house would be cool. :P

...imagine being at home and saying "computer! start the dishwasher!" or "turn the lights on!", or even "switch the tv channel to some news" and stuff!!! Oh man i want to live there.
Well, I'm pretty sure all of the technology is already around or in production! This actually doesn't seem too far-fetched of an idea. You may have to design your own voice recognition system and plant microphones all over your house to accomplish it, but what the hell, it actually seems very possible.

It seems almost as if creating a 'chatbot' (The bots used in IRCs) would be somewhat suitable for this situation. As you may know, some chatbots can get pretty sophisticated (Cleverbot), but they're all basically the same: Human input elicits some predetermined form of AI output. If you could design one that recognizes voices, you could hook it up to some sort of universal network connecting everything in your house and tell it to do shit for you!

And some chatbots, like Cleverbot, are even capable of rudimentary forms of learning! Looks like you've got a project cut out for yourself!

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:18 am

002 wrote:I better block it with my all-purpose hand.

Anyway, back on topic, how's the lobby looking?
Taxi, you can poke me with your new finger. Some might say you have suggested what I have been suggesting, a large renovation. Perhaps you could spend some time figuring things out first. It would seem the imagination does not always imagine what is best. In my case, and this being an adventure as a musician, I have practically discarded it in frustration with the self. I see in so many different ways how I am weak and flawed and do so many wrong decisions and mistakes, I know there is no way I can survive apart from God's mercy. Not everyone is where I am, though. I can sense where people are, but even this gets corrupted by my imagination and fear. What a silly way to interpret one's environment. I defer to God.

Monk34
Ranger

Post by Monk34 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:53 am

^ In response to whatever THAT was and why that just happened for some reason:

Bummer dude.

Also, am I missing something? I think I'm missing something.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:17 pm

That's just Sparky's view on things! Nothing is being missed.

And vocal recognition software already exist! In japan they went crazy with this stuff. I was thinking to somehow borrow one of the existing systems and start developing from there or to join a group of these researchers that are working on that stuff.

But yeah, it's all just a dream for now... If i ever succeed with this i'll invite you at home to meet my... well, home. :P
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Monk34
Ranger

Post by Monk34 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:23 pm

TaxiService wrote:That's just Sparky's view on things! Nothing is being missed.

And vocal recognition software already exist! In japan they went crazy with this stuff. I was thinking to somehow borrow one of the existing systems and start developing from there or to join a group of these researchers that are working on that stuff.

But yeah, it's all just a dream for now... If i ever succeed with this i'll invite you at home to meet my... well, home. :P
Giving your home a personality would be the most difficult part, but it still seems pretty possible!