[WIP] The Fallen (Mod)

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Should I make this mod?

This is awesome! Do it!
25%
I think you should wait.
No votes
Maybe you should get more experience.
25%
You should it try at least.
33%
Of course not.
17%

Total votes: 12

Amy
Green Beret

Re: [WIP] The Fallen (Mod)

Post by Amy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:41 am

My favorite part was how Mota was trying to be nice and helping out the new guy, and then the new guy went.....went....

what is this I can't even~

Okay, obviously he knows the workings of a model, but the way you word(ed) your sentence(s) made it seem like you were gonna make a random "hunter biped" with the "model" of a "cyborg." (wat)

and uhh to be on topic:
You can even have a stationary Covenant drop ship sitting there in the sky with its turret firing on the bloodgulch map.
Wouldn't that get pretty irritating? I mean aren't those things pretty high-damage? Well I guess you could lower the damage and accuracy I guess.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:31 am

Amy wrote:My favorite part was how Mota was trying to be nice and helping out the new guy, and then the new guy went.....went....

what is this I can't even~

Okay, obviously he knows the workings of a model, but the way you word(ed) your sentence(s) made it seem like you were gonna make a random "hunter biped" with the "model" of a "cyborg." (wat)

and uhh to be on topic:
You can even have a stationary Covenant drop ship sitting there in the sky with its turret firing on the bloodgulch map.
Wouldn't that get pretty irritating? I mean aren't those things pretty high-damage? Well I guess you could lower the damage and accuracy I guess.

Ok look I'm the one trying to mod and help you guys even read the posts before you will see how I make sense because Sparky likes my idea and I am correct. So stop arguing no one like when your like that. And also I told you that you take off the coll doesn't matter how high the jpt is cuz there is no coll. You must understand this. So stop and read.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:22 pm

RIPz, the copy-paste you took from the HDM wiki regarding the model collision geometry tag (coll) is introducing the coll tags in the game.

If you don't have any model collision geometry for the model, then it will not collide with anything. You can't do this with the bipd tag or else the game will crash, right? I don't even remember trying that. But all the health and shield values are found within the coll tags, so you could give a bipd tag a collision model but change the metadata of the coll tag to make it invincible.

Mota-Lev was saying that the model can be swapped, but he also implied the collision model and animations also. What you should swap is the Actor Varient tag (actv), because this is the like the box that holds all the other AI-related tags.

When you recursively import and export anything with Artificial Intelligence or Characters, go for the Actor Variant (actv) tag. There are detailed tweaks in that metadata, and more general behavior in the Actor (actr) tag, and physics-related things in the Biped (bipd) tag.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:32 pm

I trying to say that the values are different and it will take shorter time to kill a person if the coll tags are different and that's what I don't want. And also Amy doesn't have to be so rude like just tell me softly she's use too a lot of people including Modsy.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:34 pm

This is for TaxiService
Image and... Amy

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:51 am

If the mod2, animations, and/or coll tags do not match properly in node list checksum or kind and markers and otherwise, then the game will either not display them or it will crash.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Uh kid ya cute.. but when people say model the rest of the tags just come hand in hand. Its common sense to swap the coll and every other tag related. I know your just trying to sound smart and you must know everything but like everyone else when they started we all need help. So stop being a little turd and take some advise especially when your new.

And what the hell was with re-posting taxi's picture you retard?

Hurrdurr im a merder.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 pm

Let's all brush up on our welcoming skills for new modders. Being mean or defensive won't help other people feel like they should participate. Let's be nice.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:30 am

Indeed. We all are here to help with what we can and learn what we don't know. Everyone in here should be humble enough to listen to what other people have to say and to treat people properly. So, let's all just restart with the right foot, shall we? :)
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Unknown-D
Peon

Post by Unknown-D » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:49 am

Just give it a shot and attempt to create the mod. You will gain more experience along the way, which helps in the long run. Not to mention the fact that you would find out whether your idea would work or not.
May peace prevail in this world.
Perhaps I should mod Halo again. Soon.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:24 am

Unknown-D wrote:Just give it a shot and attempt to create the mod. You will gain more experience along the way, which helps in the long run. Not to mention the fact that you would find out whether that particular method or attempt towards achieving your goal would work or not.
More precisely worded this way.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

sage

Post by TaxiService » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:45 am

hey, w-welcome back, D? Am i wrong or is it a bit since we don't see you around here?
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:07 pm

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:And also Amy doesn't have to be so rude like just tell me softly she's use too a lot of people including Modsy.
I'm just gonna leave this thread for a couple years. :\.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Unknown-D
Peon

Re: sage

Post by Unknown-D » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:36 am

TaxiService wrote:hey, w-welcome back, D? Am i wrong or is it a bit since we don't see you around here?
Ir's been quite awhile since I have been using the forums. To be precise, I would say about a year or so. Thanks for the welcome back though. :D
May peace prevail in this world.
Perhaps I should mod Halo again. Soon.