Importing Halo CE Extinction or Halo Trial Instinction map to HaloMD

Request new mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

RafifGuy

Importing Halo CE Extinction or Halo Trial Instinction map to HaloMD

Post by RafifGuy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Hello people of Mac Gaming Mods!

I like to request a map for Halo MD, and that is the famous Halo Custom Edition Extinction.
One of the best and largest Halo CE multiplayer map complete with both Covenant and UNSC vehicles and arsenals, the map take place in a sort of like a canyon. A UNSC Halycon Light Cruiser crash landed, and then on the other side a Covenant super carrier hovering on a canyon. Inside the UNSC Halycon Light Cruiser exist a hangar with UNSC aircraft's, armory and a bridge that acts as the flag holder for CTF, meanwhile below the Covenant super carrier, Covenant vehicles such as scarabs and their aircraft are waiting on the ground. The two forces would engage in the middle of the canyon with their vehicles and other weapons, but the canyon is separated in to two (one side is for the UNSC, the other side is for the Covenant) but connected by a bridge.

The map Extinction also have it's little brother called "Instinction", Instinction is a old Halo Trial map which is a smaller version of the map extinction and but still contain some awesome vehicles from Extinction like the UNSC bomber/fighter Longsword.

And so i would like to request the Halo demo modders to (if possible) convert (or rip, i don't remember the word that you used when convert the whole map Extinction from Halo CE to HaloMD. If that's not possible then i would like to request to convert the it's little brother, the map Instinction to Halo MD. Oh and extra note, if i remember the map Instinction was removed because the website, Halo Trial Mods was shut down, if anyone happens to have the old Instinction map file, i would like to download it and try it on Halo MD.

Thank You
Sincerely RafifGuy
P.S
Sorry for any spelling and grammar error :P
A newbie on this site, and a fan of Halo.

Modzy
Green Beret

Re: Importing Halo CE Extinction or Halo Trial Instinction map to HaloMD

Post by Modzy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:28 pm

If you have the map files, upload them and we can have a look.

RafifGuy

Post by RafifGuy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:42 am

@Modzy

eeeh... that is the problem i don't have the original map file, i may have to take a look on my old computer for the map file. That is why i ask for anyone that read this request and reply if they have the Instinction map file, hopefully someone still have the map file because my old computer is almost dead.

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:24 am

Extinction is pretty dated now but it does work on Halo MD if you convert it using Pearl 2. I believe the creator of Extinction is eventually going to release an updated version of the map that has a more contemporary tagset (like not one with 2007 weapons & vehicles). I try to keep up to date on the goings on of Halo Custom Edition so when the new version of Extinction does get released I can import it to Halo MD for you if you want. I just don't think that the current version of Extinction would be very popular on Halo MD especially with how people seem to be obsessed with Bigass right now ;)

RafifGuy

Post by RafifGuy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:15 am

@handofgod

Ah that's a good news that the developer of the map is going to update it, is there anyway i could contact the developer?
By the way do you have the old Instinction Map File? can you upload it, i want to try converting it with Pearl 2. And i don't really care if no one is going to play the Instinction Map, i want to play it LAN with my friends.
Thanks for the reply!

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:12 pm

This is the thread on Halo Maps that discusses the updated Extinction: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pag ... icID=34755. He still hasn't released any betas of Extinction yet but he released a beta of Contamination that you can check out. If you're interested in contacting him, I would register on Halo Maps and post on that thread. And no I don't have the old Instinction map, maybe someone else here does?