X could not be added because its build number is invalid.

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

X could not be added because its build number is invalid.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Hey,

I am very new to this and have little idea how anything works.

I recently installed Halo MD and wanted to transfer the campaign levels from the full HALO game to Halo MD.

I go to Halo MD Menu > Mods > Reveal in finder.

I then select the levels that I transferred from the full game and it gives me this:

"a10 could not be added because its build number is invalid."

Can anyone help me out with this problem?

HandofGod
Peon

Re: X could not be added because its build number is invalid.

Post by HandofGod » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:12 am

Hey,

The thing I did to get the campaign maps to be recognized by HaloMD was to go to Menu->Mods->Reveal Mods in finder and then a folder will pop up, I think it's the GameData folder which contains a Maps folder and another folder. Just click and drag the 10 campaign maps (a10 through d40) into the Maps folder rather than adding them through HaloMD. Hope that makes sense. I'm not at my Mac right now otherwise I'd give you a more indepth walkthrough.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Hey,

Thanks for the reply HandofGod and I tried your method and it worked, but there is a problem:

I am able to play maps from The Silent Cartographer onwards all the way to The Maw.

But, for some reason the game won't let me play The Pillar of Autumn, Halo and, The truth and Reconcilliation.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how we can fix the problem?

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:05 am

Hm that's weird. I wouldn't know what the problem would be. If you wanted to play the other levels though, you can go into devmode by pressing `, the button on the keyboard to the left of 1 and typing "map_name <map name>" <map name> being a10 (pillar of autumn); a30 (halo); a50 (truth and reconciliation); b30 (silent cartographer); b40 (assault on the control room); c10 (343 guilty spark); c20 (the library); c40 (two betrayals); d20 (keyes); d40 (the maw)