Halo Update series

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

HandofGod
Peon

Re: Halo Update series

Post by HandofGod » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:49 am

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/qi2hx5v ... final_mods

I will add updated mods to this folder as I finish each of them. Most in there have already been submitted to nil

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:28 am

I need Pics man! Show me what you've been working on in visual format!
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:53 am

Pics of the mod Downpour, which is my take on Danger Canyon. I wanted to make it have a soggy, rainy atmosphere with plenty of plants. The rain is only outside, which is cool. Had to do a sbsp swap for that to happen, Eschaton for the win! Have two weapons from newer Halo games: the battle rifle and brute plasma rifle. Gonna try to submit it to nil soon.

Similar story with Outback, a take on Gephyrophobia as a desert map set in the daytime. Lightmaps from a Custom Edition map called H2 Gephy. Another sbsp was needed. Of course I need to tweak the shaders for that beam rifle, they're currently Open Sauce shaders.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:57 pm

Ohhhh very nice! And yeah making it rain outside only is quite the pickle.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:20 pm

Alright guys! I'm basically almost done with these. nil just needs to formally approve the new Canopy and Outback. I also need to finish "Dark Creek." The mod Convict that I did is not going to be updated. I just couldn't get an awesome idea I had for it to work properly. Took too much time unfortunately and was not worth it. I also want to submit updates to older mods I did back in 2013/2014. Most notably, Warlock, Relic and Zanzibar. Halo2 is probably my second favorite multiplayer in the series after CE/MD of course :)

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Sparky's already figuratively shat on some of the stuff I messed up on in the final release. Be to be honest I don't really want to go back anytime soon to work on it again...

Winner

Post by Winner » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:38 am

HandofGod wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:11 am I plan on submitting the final version mods for this project soon. If anyone cares they'll be given to nil soon. Time for me to move on from these mods. Its been fun but they're also a pain in the ass. Halo Mac modding can only do so much.

I care! I love you HandOfGod! You made my childhood last much longer with these exact maps you made on this very thread. I cannot express my gratitude. Thank you for every minute you gave for us. I hope you find a larger more rewarding field to continue doing the same.

- Winner / alexgX

\ :) /
phew

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:57 pm

Winner wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:38 am
HandofGod wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:11 am I plan on submitting the final version mods for this project soon. If anyone cares they'll be given to nil soon. Time for me to move on from these mods. Its been fun but they're also a pain in the ass. Halo Mac modding can only do so much.

I care! I love you HandOfGod! You made my childhood last much longer with these exact maps you made on this very thread. I cannot express my gratitude. Thank you for every minute you gave for us. I hope you find a larger more rewarding field to continue doing the same.

- Winner / alexgX

\ :) /

Thanks Winner! That means alot. Trying to get started with Halo PC modding. We'll see how that goes lol. Apparently Master Chief Collection has a community dedicated to modding now. I have that game on Xbox but not sure if this Windows laptop I'm on could support that game haha. Anyway all the best to you too. If you ever get an Xbox or PC let's play again someday!