Chunk cloner...mb

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
conure

Chunk cloner...mb

Post by conure » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:39 pm

Well this is a simple application that will clone scenario chunks, such as vehicles, there by creating a new instance of that object.
This application will not work on sp, or the UI (due to i am to lazy to code proper sp support).

Picture mb.

http://files.filefront.com/TOA+Mac+OS+U ... einfo.html

^^^ download mb

\/\/\/ half a scnr.ent plugin below that adds support to tag editer for all things in this appy, and a few other things.

http://files.filefront.com/scnrent/;896 ... einfo.html

Please post any bugs you find and i will probably get around to fixing them.

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:37 pm

concure your god

on a side note i will do this to any noob that questions you

one bug tho on mac the GUI is kinda funky are you using RB? or VB?

and btw does this add slots to add stuff via dep swapper? i meen like adds more spots?

edit:
another bug when you click sound senery pallet it freezez eschaotn then quits
Last edited by Mac Hacker on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TsGh

conure

Post by conure » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:49 pm

I use RB, mainly cause alt will help me more then, i noticed in the past that it likes to complain bout font sizes. O well, it prettier then my windows version even if you cant read it 8).

Also i dont understand what you mean by this....
and btw does this add slots to add stuff via dep swapper? i meen like adds more spots?
Do you mean it will add stuff to the pallet (what a scenario chunk refers to by a index to get the type of), in that case no. Thinking bout adding it but i dont really wana learn bout dependencies right now.

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:51 pm

still its amazing how much you have learned about RB i myself havent learned about halo programming i know a little about RB since as you said alt helped me but could u AIM me and give me a some help?

my aim is Tyler0808er

i got MSN yahoo & xfire aswell
TsGh

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:57 pm

Dependencies are simple. They're a unique value that represents a specific tag in the mapfile. What Halo probably does, as does my new program and Eschaton, is it reads in the tags for the maps and then creates a hash for the identities of certain tags (the dependencies). Thus, when you want to get a tag for a identity, you simply call a lookup function for the hash. In other words, identities are values used for quickly looking up a tag.

Dependencies are references to the identity of a tag. They usually begin with the little-endian ASCII for high tag class (ie cmti or ihev) followed by a 4 byte reflexive to the string name of the tag being referenced, then 4 bytes of 00's, and finally the 4 byte identity.

ex of a struct

Code: Select all

typedef struct
{

char tagclass[4];
long reflexive;
long zeros;
long identity;

} Dependency;
You know, I don't think I'll ever finish this essay I'm working on.
The sword.

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:59 pm

an essay on what how we are noobs and how your a prodigy? :x
TsGh

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:10 pm

Nah, most of the guys here aren't noobs. Your amount of posts just makes it seem that way.

Its a 3 page esasy for Bio AP about the regrowth of neural pathways through the use of stem cells and a few specially made proteins. More or less a lot of quotes, a bit of talk taken from my textbook, and a whole lot of restatements. Then I have to go and write a DBQ for American History. Guess who's not getting any sleep tonight?
The sword.

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:16 pm

man i did my essay for biology last week :P neway just do it durring other classes because no sleep = not prepared its just like studding for a test the night before with short term memory (yes i got short term memory) i studdy all day even the last few seconds before a test it helps
TsGh

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:46 pm

Ah AP classes. I remember those.

Oh, and because I'm awesome, there's a hidden message in the application. You'll notice it if you ever find it.
Disclaimer: I am no longer active. Any posts, PMs or other communication I use has no guarantee of accuracy or follow up.
Download Eschaton: Mediafire

Eclipse
Ranger

Post by Eclipse » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:21 pm

i dont get it i click dulplicate like 20 times then i got and play the mod and nothign is different i dont see anything dupliacted and how do i get it to duplicate some other then the flag or the rock? or w.e else if does cause the places to typee stuff ar'ent highlighted

EDIT: ok i see once you duplicate it you have to change it spawn points or else it is in the exact sma espot as where the original is.

but i still dont get how you make it duplicate something else. EX: make it duplicate a tree instead of the damn rock lol

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:42 pm

I think I just divided by zero.
The sword.

conure

Post by conure » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:47 pm

sword wrote:Image

I think I just divided by zero.
Dam what map?! if i had to guess i would say you tried a sp map, or one with a script('s).
Interesting fact while i am on scripts and maps, some MP maps have scripts in them such as timberland.

@ eclipse i can get on that, main reason i haven't it uses "indexes" which alt hasn't supported for me yet T_T (and i dont want this to be a editor cause that requires even more work/learning....)

Another fun bug you will find since i dont clear the data when you open a map it will leave other maps data in there if current map doesn't overwrite it.

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:46 pm

It was a regular bloodgulch map. I just hit duplicate scenery a few times, it froze up for a moment, then returned with that massive negative value.

The sword.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:50 pm

rrrr bad zeros

why dont use roman numbers? like CVIII? it means 108 in your stupid number system.

108??? OMFG THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!! RUNAWAYYYYYYY
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:12 pm

The sword.