[MOD] Galaxy Wars

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Which powers belong to which light saber?

Sith, Red, Lightning; Blue, Luke, Jump; Green, Yoda, Pull
36%
Sith, Red, Lightning; Blue, Luke, Pull; Green, Yoda, Jump
61%
Something else (mention in a post)
3%

Total votes: 33

Sparky
Delta Force

[MOD] Galaxy Wars

Post by Sparky » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:20 am

Galaxy Wars features a completely open space environment where you can fly battlecruisers and such - think of Star Wars, but a la Halo. Then think huge spaceship battles. Then play huge spaceship battles!

In the spirit of open-sourcing, I will present you all with an open-space starter map. It's just like Galaxy Wars, but without the custom scenery and vehicles; it's a new map with nearly infinite, free, open space*. With this space map template, you can import and add vehicles, scenery and whatever else your heart desires. Want a covenant vs. human mod including AI? Make the setting in space! Want to make a space racing maze? Easy! Want to make an actual Star Wars mod? Now you can! Make your scenarios more elaborate and detailed in a virtually limitless environment!

*The space template contains a halo ring to designate each former bloodgulch base's location. Each team's vehicles and spawn locations are relocated around their halo rings. You might also want to enable flag "bipd:cyborg_mp:Main:32-bit Bitmasks:More Flags: Immune to Falling Damage," seeing as there is no damage from falling through space... but then again, there is gravity, so it's up to you. For the sake of the template, I've set this flag. I've also changed the music to a theme more suitable for space.

CREDITS: Thanks to Sword, Altimit, Moxus and everyone else in the Halo/Halo Demo modding community from whom I've learned, especially the people here at MGM and Monoman.

-Galaxy Wars forthcoming-
-Galaxy Wars: Special Edition forthcoming-
-Space Template-
-Screenshots forthcoming-

P.S. I'd like to request permission to use some vehicles from Import Island.

Screenshots:

Of the buildings found here, I like the pelican base the most.

Warthogs racing on the Spacetrack™

Space Template Guide
Note: There is an invisible map segment with separate clipping (when you pass into it, you cannot see anything outside and others cannot see you inside, except for nav points) that has a wall right behind the green line. This segment's perpendicular wall is on the bloodgulch side of the red line. So if you look at the white region I indicated above, this invisible map segment would be on the left side, behind the green line and in front of the red line. I don't currently know how large this clipping area is, but I assume it divides the map in half, or in quarters. Further exploration is needed to assess the boundaries of this map segment.
Last edited by Sparky on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:27 am

I'm anticipating this! Forest Bases was one thing!

I'll be expecting Forward Unto Dawn and possibly Acsendant Justice. :P

theone4life692
Veteran

WOW

Post by theone4life692 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:15 pm

This is the 1st mod I'll download once my mac comes home...

*cry* I miss Mr. Macbook
-snip-

Modzy
Green Beret

Re: WOW

Post by Modzy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:21 pm

theone4life692 wrote:This is the 1st mod I'll download once my mac comes home...

*cry* I miss Mr. Macbook
lol Mr. Mods is here :D

theone4life692
Veteran

Re: WOW

Post by theone4life692 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:27 pm

M® Møds wrote:
theone4life692 wrote:This is the 1st mod I'll download once my mac comes home...

*cry* I miss Mr. Macbook
lol Mr. Mods is here :D

Mr.Mods u must of came when my laptop was eaten my techies cause i was messing around in comand mode and crashed my schools networking system.

DO u have an AIM i'd like to hear about some of your modding and give tips or w/e.
-snip-

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:14 pm

Yes, I have AIM, but the best method of contacting me directly is PMing me here.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Løki
Ranger

Post by Løki » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Lol, I was gonna try to make one like this except each end would have bases and vehicle platforms and whatnot.
There would also be small platforms in the middle with smaller vehicles and guns.
Good Job and I hope to see this completed. :P

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:55 pm

Yes, I plan to add a base to each end, but there will be more possibilities than you might expect.

As an aside, how can I move the Race coordinates - can I do it with SwordEdit, or must it be done with Eschaton?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Løki
Ranger

Post by Løki » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:15 pm

Eschaton I think. All I see is King Spawns on SE.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:43 pm

-SpitFire- wrote:I'll be expecting Forward Unto Dawn and possibly Acsendant Justice. :P

Omg I found one of these. But he is ever so tiny.

I will upload.

http://www.mediafire.com/?finmjon0b2c

Oh and ignore the file down the bottom in the dmg. I didn't mean to drag that into. And I would have re-made but I had already wasted to much of taxi's time.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:34 am

-SpitFire- wrote:I'll be expecting Forward Unto Dawn and possibly Acsendant Justice. :P
Considering we have no idea what a Covenant Flagship looks like, I doubt you'll get one :P.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:17 am

I'm guessing its a CCS-Class that's fatter or something..lol

Possibly the Shadow of Intent?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:31 am

Mota, the model of the vehicle doesn't work, just like some of the models in your tag pack.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:37 am

Your doing it wrong.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:46 am

o.0 HUD for the draco, ima see if this works.