Halo: Reach Forge World MGM Edition.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Kayar
Delta Force

Re: Halo: Reach Forge World MGM Edition.

Post by Kayar » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:08 am

The day after my birthday.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:19 am

Last edited by Sven on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:12 pm

Almost unrelated to Forge, but look at this: http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1427 ... 80310.html

The main thing I want to point out is the gravity. In the Forge World trailer, you can see one part in which gravity appears to shift. There is no other way to explain what happens at that point. And now this, with low grav and high grav map sections. Does this mean, possibly, that a very very secret Forge object allows gravity manipulation? Because that could change everything. Imagine something along the lines of Boarding Action, except that when you jump off the edge, you float to the other side. Also, it appears that in low gravity, jetpacks are omnidirectional like the EVA jetpacks used by astronauts. That pretty freaking epic. Thank you so much Bungie. Oh, and Ivory Tower is back. It's back and SHINY.

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:40 pm

draconic74 wrote:n the Forge World trailer, you can see one part in which gravity appears to shift.
Can you tell me where you are seeing this, because I did not.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:06 pm

At two spots, really. Go watch it again and try to figure out what the hell is happening at 4:42. Its just... Weird. And then for what I was first talking about, look at 5:00. The guy is walking and you see a wall in front of him and a wall way further off. He then jumps spins and lands on that first wall, with a sniper in front of him and behind it you can see that second wall is actually the floor. And he is using sprint, so it is not an Armor Ability (although that would be cool).

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:07 pm

Yeah i saw that too i was like mindfuck but then never thought about it...
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:19 pm

draconic74 wrote:At two spots, really. Go watch it again and try to figure out what the hell is happening at 4:42. Its just... Weird. And then for what I was first talking about, look at 5:00. The guy is walking and you see a wall in front of him and a wall way further off. He then jumps spins and lands on that first wall, with a sniper in front of him and behind it you can see that second wall is actually the floor. And he is using sprint, so it is not an Armor Ability (although that would be cool).

At 4:42 I just figured it was at a weird angle but that doesn't appear to be what's going on. However, at 5:00 The guy is looking down and falling, then he hits a bump (Probably to prevent fall damage) spins and lands on the ground. It might be disappointing, but I don't think their are going to be gravity modifiers in Reach. I would love to be wrong, but people generally see what they want to see.

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:45 pm

I have to agree with Draconic now after examining it. He is not falling, as if this were the case you'd see his feet, and he preforms a jump before hitting the bump. Also, as he does what appears to be a 180 degree, the platform he is on rotates 90 degrees from the right side of the screen to the top. Even when he lands, it's still preforming this rotation. I believe the cause of this may be the platform which he lands on.
Last edited by Excend on Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Actually, your right.
Well, I guess we'll see.

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:37 am

I like draconic's plan for a gametype.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:07 pm

Kiyoshi wrote:I like draconic's plan for a gametype.
Hell yes! I should really stop playing MW2 and start working on it. But... I finally found my true calling. The SPAS + Claymore. Mmmmmm.... So tasty.

And I still have 9% of SpecOps to finish. If anyone wants to try setting up the gametype themselves, go for it.

A few things I forgot to mention in the other post. The Hidden also has the ability to see enemies through walls, although he cannot move while doing so. The Hidden also has a power bar that diminishes while using aura vision (the power mentioned above) or when he jumps/pounces. We cant do the power bar but we can do waypoints over enemies always. The one thing I dont like is that in Halo you cant cling to walls, so perhaps small ridges can serve as platforms. Also, the Hidden is supposed to be completely invisible, all the time. Which sucks in Halo since attacking will show you for a second. The Hidden's "feeding" ability could simply be a shield sap from enemies, and all "health" is simply a non-recharging shield. I think the enemies also have short range motion sensing, which is easy in halo (low tracker range). The Hidden should not 1-hit kill (assassinations obviously work though), and should not be 1-hit killed either, so enemies dont spray and pray. They should also have limited ammo, which can work with the "armory" that they get in the first 15-30 seconds. Best bet the armory weapons should be AR and Shotgun (starting weapons Magnum?). Perhaps even a turret for "heavy" players. All the enemies should have friendly waypoints on for team coordination. Perhaps they are all forced through one teleporter with multiple (random) exits? And then the Hidden can be released a bit later. That could work I think. Also, for a level idea, Im thinking a warehouse setting in the crypt of Sandbox. That way all the "trigger" stuff could be at the normal map area.

Well that turned out longer than I thought it would. Props for reading it all... I should maybe possibly perhaps start a draft on the gametype tonight. Also, anyone have any idea how to get the IRC in Adium working?

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Oh, did I post in the wrong topic? Anyways, first "draft" of the Hidden is done. I need to mess around more with Health and Damage and see how the game changes with more and less players. I can only test with two players by myself.

SLINKY

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:42 am

It looks like my awesome gametype killed the topic. Congrats to me...?

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:49 am

draconic74 wrote:It looks like my awesome gametype killed the topic. Congrats to me...?
yes.

So... I think we should actually make a gigantic rock. And that is all. In the ocean. Yes.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:47 am

Took me 9 straight hours, but I finished it. And on Halo Reach, too!