I was living in constant disparagement (self-deprecation)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Sparky
Delta Force

I was living in constant disparagement (self-deprecation)

Post by Sparky » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:28 am

I was living in disparity, but God set me straight through the words of one of his servants. Now I am no longer oppressed and self-afflicted. I am calm and will praise God with all I am.

EDIT: I meant to use the word disparagement or deprecation of the self (self-deprecation, but not humorously).
Last edited by Sparky on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Smythe
Commando

Re: I was living in disparity

Post by Smythe » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Someone wrote:I was living in disparity, but Allah set me straight through the words of one of his servants. Now I am no longer oppressed and self-afflicted. I am calm and will praise Allah with all I am.
Fits just as well doesn't it? Except now, Rightly or Wrongly, people immediately associate that with Extremism and Terrorism.

Nowadays, people associate God with Control of the mind, a way to make the masses behave.

"And on the First Day, Man created God" - Anonymous

This quote, by itself explains exactly why we don't need religion in a public space.
Man created god because they could not explain things. Why do hurricanes happen? Why do we give birth? Why do we get better if we get hurt?
In the past, none of these answers were known, but all were associated with God.
Nowadays, we know why all these things happen; Combined wind currents at the right, or wrong time create Hurricanes, Sperm goes in, baby comes out, Through evolution, our bodies have gained the way to regrow damaged cells.

Now that we know these things, very few people will associate them with the work of any one "god" because we know it's not true.

Though you may have found god, one god, maybe even the right one, your religion is dying out because people no longer believe it to be true.

Delusion Created God, God Created reason for the Delusion.

Whether there is a god is not known, as a Sociology student i cannot say whether there is or there isn't, only that i know that it has a massive effect on the human psyche, and because i know what these effects are, i can extrapolate from them Why you are doing what you are doing.

What makes your god more true than Allah? Buddah? Zeus? What makes those who follow them wrong and you right?
What makes you so sure of yourself when there are a million other religions out there that are older than yours? that associate with our current culture more than yours?

Take France for example, they have become a Militant Secularized society, meaning that Religion is not allowed to be shown in public, by anyone.
This means No Crosses, No Turbans, No Burqas. No Advertising your religion outside your own home.

Is this a good thing? In response to this, Many religious groups are protesting against their government, including death threats to the major political leaders, but that's nothing new.

What if every religion stopped being religious? they put down their beliefs and decided to live life alongside one another, instead of attempting to destroy the other group, an end to terrorism that uses God/Allah/Buddah/Kim Kardashian as it's excuse?

In Islamic scripture, it states that a Islamic person cannot be friends with a member of another religion, and instead must convince the other party to their religion instead of their own.
What makes you different from a follower of Islam here? Replace the word Allah with God and it's the same thing. It's always the same thing.

Answer me without calling me your "friend" or your "flock". Come at me with a Logical debate on why your God is the True god, without quoting the bible. You cannot self reference your own source. Argue with Evidence, and i shall argue back using the same.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Dude, it's useless.

Like, the problem is that we have to respect the belief of other people.
You know how much i've tried to "make him reason" and stuff, but it's just stupid and disrespectful to do that. If he chose to believe something for any reason, then who are we to judge him for that, and try to change his mind? If he lives better by believing whatever he wants, why should we change that?

LIke, as long as he keeps it to himself, it is alright.

...the problem is that he doesn't keep it to himself at all. So, Sparky, could you please refrain from posting this stuff to us? I'm asking this for the 1000th time. I will respect your opinion; just stop trying to change mine, dammit. >: \
You don't see me posting threads every week saying "God doesn't exist because bluh blah", because I don't CARE about what your or anyone's belief is, and if it's different from mine. Beliefs are something personal that should not even be questioned, especially not here.

EDIT: PS: Please note that the highlighted text is valid for both parties.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Agreed.
It will be better for everyone if we stop this completely, no more religion from Sparky, no retaliation from me.
That way we can all forum together again, like we used to.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:36 am

TaxiService wrote:Dude, it's useless.

Like, the problem is that we have to respect the belief of other people.
You know how much i've tried to "make him reason" and stuff, but it's just stupid and disrespectful to do that. If he chose to believe something for any reason, then who are we to judge him for that, and try to change his mind? If he lives better by believing whatever he wants, why should we change that?

LIke, as long as he keeps it to himself, it is alright.

...the problem is that he doesn't keep it to himself at all. So, Sparky, could you please refrain from posting this stuff to us? I'm asking this for the 1000th time. I will respect your opinion; just stop trying to change mine, dammit. >: \
You don't see me posting threads every week saying "God doesn't exist because bluh blah", because I don't CARE about what your or anyone's belief is, and if it's different from mine. Beliefs are something personal that should not even be questioned, especially not here.

EDIT: PS: Please note that the highlighted text is valid for both parties.
So what you're saying here is that, even though I have been here for over 9 years, I have no right to share what I want to share here, that it is irresponsible and disrespectful for us to talk about anything here except for macintosh computers and computer games, even in the General Discussion forum. And you, even though you have seen me post here nearly every day for the past 6 years, do not want to know anything about me or who I am. Let me ask you then: how many other people do you speak with almost every day for more than 6 years do you know nothing about and have no desire to know more about, including their values and beliefs, or what they think about things besides macintosh computers and computer games? Certainly, you think there is more to life than these two things, am I right? Yet you would prefer we remain complete strangers, even though we have communicated with each other and other people who use this forum almost every day for the past 6 years together. Is what I am saying here an accurate summation of the situation, that you do not want to care about who I am, even though we have spoken with each other for over 6 years, and that I have no right to discuss what I want in the General Discussion forum, even though I have been here for almost 10 years now? Would you impose censorship in this way, that we would not be able to talk with each other about anything except for non-general discussions, and therefore have no idea who we are or what values we have or what we believe or have chosen to ignore about life? If you honestly understand what I am saying and you feel this is accurate, let me know that this is your intention so that I will stop talking to you altogether about anything except for computer games, even in this general discussion forum. Oh, and I would expect you to abide by the same censor that you wish to impose upon me: you can't talk about anything except computer games. Even then, it must remain completely impersonal, as if you were a talking head rather than a living human being, just so you don't risk offending anyone by being "politically incorrect". Is this what you really want among us? If so, you should take a very close look at your own posts also, because nearly the entire contents of this General Discussion forum would then give Monoman reason to remove it from MGM, as other forum administrators have decided for their forums. This so far has been your proposal and the proposal of everyone else who writes on this forum: to not write on this forum.

If you reflect upon this and decide that this actually is not the best solution to the problem, maybe take another look at what the problem actually is that we are discussing. You have written here that you don't want to read about God or religion. What other topics of life do you not want to read about? Maybe you should ask yourself at some point, after you have satiated your craving to shut me up, the reason why you so adamantly desire to abandon any topics about God or religion. Or perhaps you are already so offended by me that it is only with me that you no longer wish to talk about these subjects? Somehow, by some argument or topic, I have offended you so greatly that you wish nothing more to do with me, and essentially you have come to resent and perhaps hate me, no longer caring about my feelings because your feelings have been hurt, and you choose to retaliate out of frustration and confusion.

At some point, each member of this community will stop relating to Halo Demo, as you see with HaloMD now which nil tries to promote to fill the shoes of Halo Demo. At some point, each member of this community will stop relating to HaloMD. At some point, each member of this community will stop relating to macintosh computer game mods. At some point, we will also stop relating to macintosh computer games.

I have seen maybe four tides of this community, where members come and go like the weather. This happens because people lose interest in games, so they become interesting in modding those games, and then for whatever reasons they lose interest or capability to mod those games, and then they leave the forum. Some people have been driven away from the forum by the bad manners of the members here, which is what happened for example to Slappey and Vegerot, and which I see happening to RIPz. They might still play games and mod them, but they are no longer of this MGM community. Most, though, have simply found no reason to use the forum, and that reason alone is why it is so quiet here now. Even Monoman and I would talk about other stuff besides computer games, and yet with him, though I have known him online since before he started MacGamingMods, I am left to speculate about who he is as a person. What is the point of that? Fear? Fear only divides and destroys; there is no room for the thoughts for sanctity of the well-being of people when a mind is consumed by fear like a fire consumes a building. Fear is only your imagination, so discard it like trash if you want to have room in your head for anything legitimate.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:03 pm

People who I enjoy talking to and actually get to know are ones that I talk to regularly on AIM, or IRC, or some place outside of the forums. It's likely the same with other people.

The real problem IMO is that Monoman should create a forum for "philosophical" (or lack of better term) topics that you seem to like making. That way, you are free to post in there, and people are free to not visit it if they are not interested, or free to use it if they are.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Sparky: Oh, are you fucking serious?! Why are you misrepresenting my arguments?!

What I said:
Everyone has to respect each other's religious beliefs, and to do that nobody has to bash anyone else for having a belief different from theirs.

What you claim i said:
Nobody should share opinions on any matter unless it's about vidya or apple.

What the fuck, man? I am fucking trying to bring peace amongst this place because you've been fucking spamming us with religious topics all day every day for the past months!!!!! AND everyone is full of your shit!!!! They hate you and offend you and treat you badly, and I am trying to defend both fucking points of view by saying "Hey, why are we arguing about this? It's useless!"

I'm not saying "we must not talk about anything"
I am saying "we must not argue about religions", and i am saying so because after observing our behavior in the past months, i came to the conclusion that all our arguments only turn us against each other! These are not sane arguments, and pursuing in doing them is stupid!!!

You can share whatever the fuck you please, Sparky! It's just that you're always sharing the same fucking stuff that we don't want to read or know about!!!!!! Try sharing, i don't know, pictures of landscapes!!!! Or songs you like! Or anything else that isn't religious preaching!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!

What the shit, man?! I'm not a goddamn asshole! I'm trying to fix this shitty situation we got in, and you just don't care!
Seriously, what was that about?!

Nil: It's not like he can't talk about religion in this board too, huh. It is a valid place to do that, it's just that it's been a constant stream of religious threads coming from him! I challenge you to find a single thread in GD posted by sparky in the last year that isn't about fucking religion!!!!!!!

It's spam! Pure and simple.
Then of course, do a philosophy board! It's a good idea! I mean, for real.
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:27 pm

nil wrote:People who I enjoy talking to and actually get to know are ones that I talk to regularly on AIM, or IRC, or some place outside of the forums. It's likely the same with other people.

The real problem IMO is that Monoman should create a forum for "philosophical" (or lack of better term) topics that you seem to like making. That way, you are free to post in there, and people are free to not visit it if they are not interested, or free to use it if they are.
So you're essentially advocating more private discussion of "philosophical" topics, whether on AIM, IRC or in a separate sub-forum. Such "subject sorting" is OK as long as it doesn't get to the point of hiding or deleting posts; such would only antagonize the users of a forum, as I have seen in other forums which are generally more caustic (overly argumentative and thus alienating) than MGM is, believe it or not. Taxi and others apparently think my posts are overly argumentative and alienating, and yet that is often not the diagnosis when we have spoken privately on the IRC. My anger has several times passed beyond turning away and walking away, which you have seen and even questioned. With whom or what am I angry? I have made it clear each time I felt this way, until I made a final decision to stop talking about gaming things with the people who use this forum, and about other subjects you see as part of this discussion from my previous reply.

What would help is if people just stopped posting offensive things like name-calling and instead exhibited a sense of decency for the feelings of other people here. I don't mind discussing and learning about religions or hearing other people share what they want to share about God. On the other hand, those who have exhibited no decency have already been placed on my foes list --- something I had never had to use before these certain people chose to start a war against me because they want to fight and argue instead of relate and understand, otherwise they might learn and become better people. But nobody in the history of mankind has ever become a better person by insisting that God does not exist. I mean, to me, that fact alone tells me many things.

Taxi: I knew you would think I was misinterpreting what you were saying. That's why it was phrased as several questions, asking if my estimation of what you are saying is what you actually want. If it is possible for you to do, I prefer intelligent responses that do not include vulgar words like "fuck" and "shit" in every sentence, because these hinder rather than help whatever a person tries to impart. Please take this advice and provide a calm clarification after your reaction has subsided, so that I can understand what exactly you want here. Thanks in advance.

...and Taxi, you are saying that we should not argue about religion, but you are also saying the discussions are pointless. A person who does not care about a child will not come to an appropriate decision as to that child's welfare.
And so if Monoman takes the time to move all the "religion" topics from General Discussion to another subforum, that will not prevent people from causing argument there. Simply, the argument will have moved from this subforum to another subforum. That is why I have said that perhaps, after reflecting upon these things with a little more of a concerted interest in what is being said, you will come to a more helpful conclusion. Pushing the problem into someone else's back yard does not help that neighbor.

Your plans to resolve a conflict peacefully are admirable. However, I think the conflict is being blown out of proportion.
Last edited by Sparky on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:45 pm

>I prefer intelligent responses that do not include vulgar words like "fuck" and "shit" in every sentence, because these hinder rather than help whatever a person tries to impart. Thanks in advance.

Oh, they hinder nothing! If you wouldn't just stop at the first "fuck" you see, and instead tried to read what i mean with the words i type, you wouldn't assume wrong things all the time and misinterpret my posts!

I mean, of course there must've been something wrong in the way i was brought up, because using so much profanities is insane. Probably because GTA: San Andreas has been the backbone of my english pronunciation..? anyway this is not the point!!!!

Yours are just excuses to ignore what i say. I use vulgarities because they're very versatile, and to emphasize the concepts i want to convey.
But no, as soon as you read a "bad word", whatever you were reading becomes unworthy of your consideration.
Well, i think that's really stupid. It's such a superficial behaviour.

Anyway idk if your Foe feature makes you ignore posts or whatever, but Smythe replied to you with some stuff, and thus then I replied to him and you.

EDIT:
>...and Taxi, you are saying that we should not argue about religion, but you are also saying the discussions are pointless.
BUT I AM NOT

>Pushing the problem into someone else's back yard does not help that neighbor.
We don't want to push the problem, dammit. We want to put an order in GD and separate the religious spam from the actual general discussions, since there are so many fucking threads.

See? that "fucking" is used to emphasize the quantity of threads you shit in GD.

That "shit" is used to compare the large quantity of threads you post to a diarrhea discharge.

Like, profanities make sense, you see.
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Taxi, it's wrong for a person to base their education upon entertainment venues. At some point, if a person wants to really learn something, they must move beyond the games. This is why we should be able to talk about things besides macintosh computer game mods.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Since english wasn't my mother tongue, i had to learn it, you know? And since the italian school system
is shit
leaves much to be desired, i had to learn it with transverse ways.

It is based mostly on english versions of The Simpsons, San Andreas and this forum. If you look at my old posts you'll see that i couldn't speak jackshit. (and that i was an immature dickhead)

Now i am a little more mature, and i speak a little better, but i still suck eh.

>This is why I would advocate discussions in the General Discussion forum rather than censoring those discussions which are outside the theme of macintosh computer games.

You just keep on misrepresenting our arguments.

EDIT: STOP EDITING YOUR POSTS DAMMIT
AT LEAST LET YOUR EDITS KNOWN, IF THEY ARE NOT TRIVIAL EDITS LIKE TYPO-FIXING
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:11 pm

TaxiService wrote:but i still suck eh.
Actually, this is on topic. For about 20 years, I have been overly self-critical. This was a learned behavior. That was fixed the day I shared this topic, and perhaps that is what you are exhibiting also by demeaning yourself constantly like this. The Apple Dictionary points out subtle differences in the meanings of related words, so I might not be using the right word to describe the situation for myself, or what I'm saying might not accurately portray what I mean to say.

Essentially, my psyche is under revision. I guess that's all I wanted to share. But my values have not changed.
TaxiService wrote:EDIT: STOP EDITING YOUR POSTS DAMMIT
AT LEAST LET YOUR EDITS KNOWN, IF THEY ARE NOT TRIVIAL EDITS LIKE TYPO-FIXING
I do that a lot, and at least the usability of the topic does not suffer from multiple posts by editing instead. I could take more time to revise what I write. Perhaps I'll do that some time and get used to it... if I decide it is worth the time sharing things here anymore.

See, I get the sense that you feel I am being melodramatic or writing irrationally or coming to conclusions without first giving wise consideration. I don't see that as an accurate synopsis of my activities.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:23 pm

>See, I get the sense that you feel I am being melodramatic or writing irrationally or coming to conclusions without first giving wise consideration. I don't see that as an accurate synopsis of my activities.

I'm sorry! But that's what I get by looking at your posts, dude! : (

EDIT: I mean, i don't mean to misinterpret you or anything! I just act on what i interpret from the world, and that's what I interpreted. ◡⁔◡
I really am sorry btw.

EDIT2: but yeah, like, you could try trying to reconsider your posts a little, maybe.
Like, re-read the thread and stuff. Also disable the foe thing.

EDIT3: the "re-read" is not stuttering, it's "re read" as in "read again" ·_·
MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Joe creates a thread about Gargoyles in a forum's "general discussion." People welcome the topic with open arms and begin discussing it.

He continues to create another thread a week later, and a week after that. People are starting to get an idea that he really likes Gargoyles.

However Joe does not stop there. He begins creating countless number of threads in general discussion and tries persuading people to become fans of it. People are starting to become annoyed with Joe's behavior. They kindly ask him to stop, but he still continues. Eventually all of his threads turn into arguments and rants, and the majority of his peers lost interest in Joe's obsession with Gargoyles. Joe also becomes very frustrated.

---

Basically, we all like discussing about topics unrelated to Macs or computer gaming as long as they interest us. This is because we are human, and as such, we also like talking to others that have similar interests.

Now you may think that religion and God is more important and relevant to our lives, but Joe thinks the same way about Gargoyles. That is your opinion which you have a right to have, just that, most of us don't share it.

This is just trying to give some perspective. I still wouldn't mind having another forum as I've discussed.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Wait.... So he's added me to his "foe" list?

All that writing was for nothing are you serious -_-

It wouldn't have achieved anything anyway, but it would be nice to think that he at least contemplated my word for one fucking second instead of throwing them aside like... Idk... A dictator throws away and hides those who speak out against him.
Given half a chance, Sparky would have me banned with a click of his fingers, of that I have no doubt.

Anyway.

Nil is right, his comparison using Gargoyles is exactly what is happening here.

And there's no reason to attack Taxi, he's trying to help us all, instead of just himself.

I realise he won't get this message anyway, I guess my quotes related to his sister, my sane and logical arguments against his preaching, and my unwavering devotion to not give up just made him make me disappear in a puff of smoke.

Placing a wall around me and pretending I'm not behind it.