Call of Duty 4

Everything about CoD, CoD 2, and their mods.
Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Call of Duty 4

Post by Monoman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:01 am

Aspyr announced they are bringing CoD 4 to Mac. The expected release date is in May.

Article
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

KoRnDoG
SEAL

Post by KoRnDoG » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:21 pm

O_o do u think they will release a non-intel version? or will it work both ways?
watch my avatar. after it loads theres this AWSOME head shot triple-kill i did. just wait for it....

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:44 pm

Probably Intel Mac Only.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:33 am

Hi there...

Saw this and thought I'd chip in with a few words, having played CoD4 on the PC for a while now...

Like all the CoD series the game is visually very nice - and has a good scripted single player section.

Of course, as with it's predecessors, CoD4 is too short and too linear. You are still forced down a ridged path when following the story. It's only the gorgeous eye candy that keeps your interest a lot of the time.

On the multiplayer side, CoD4 has become even more of a 'run and gun' frag fest than CoD2 was. I ran the CoD2 section of a gaming clan and we played competition based CoD2 - I wouldn't even try that with CoD4 as it does not promote teamwork in any way whatsoever.

I would recommend you try CoD4, simply for the fairly interesting storyline (think of a Andy McNab novel and you get the idea), the superb graphics and weapon models and the absolutely excellent Sniper sub-plot in the game...

(The sniper sub-plot stands out as one of the most tense and exciting parts of the whole game.)

At the end of the day though - you will play CoD4 once in SP, a half a dozen times in MP and perhaps a dozen times in the new 'arcade' mode (where you try to beat your own best scores by completing the episodes of the game).

If only someone would re-make Classic Ghost Recon (exactly!) using the same graphic standards as in CoD4, you would have one of the best games on the market today!

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:20 pm

it will probably be universal....
TsGh

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:50 pm

There is a new Ghost Recon for nex-gen... Is that nearly the same? No... Wait. You get this weird flying drone thing to spy for you. Never mind.

Sharker
SEAL

Post by Sharker » Tue May 13, 2008 3:07 pm

i think it's coming out in july now, july 7th

cQuence
Ranger

Re: Call of Duty 4

Post by cQuence » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:36 am

I heard call of duty 5 is gonna be future warfare.
Changed my name to cQuence... Im still Shockwav tho.

Sharker
SEAL

Post by Sharker » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:39 pm

halonerd147
Peon

Post by halonerd147 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:20 pm

The stupid release date keeps getting pushed back, now it's september 22. And Cod4 is pretty rigged like BIG Ranger said. IF it doesn't look amazing with my Nvidia i will be pissed, i want my video card to be put to good use. I'm probably not gonna buy it, i ave it for 360, there's no point in getting another. We might not be able to play against PC users also, that always angers me.
Damn you Banhammer of X-Plane.org!!!
Me: Awesome yet Nerdy

Sharker
SEAL

Post by Sharker » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:59 am

so do we get a cod4 section now?
Or would it just be in the cod section?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:50 pm

This section can and will be used for Call of Duty 4. If it was needed a separate section could be added.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig