Sparky's To Do List

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Moxus
Delta Force

Re: Sparky's Summer 2010 To Do List

Post by Moxus » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:46 am

2310 wrote:Firing animation is essentially the sword activating and holding steady, with a firerate fast enough so it doesn't de-activate until toggled off.
The issue you're gonna have is that when you move, there'll be a trail of "energy sword" projectiles that follow along behind you. Won't look very realistic. You're probably better off working with the existing one and modifying the animations and effects.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:49 am

But the AR's muzzle burst (I think) follows the weapon. So if the projectile was invisible, why would the firing animation lag behind?

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:25 am

2310 wrote:But the AR's muzzle burst (I think) follows the weapon. So if the projectile was invisible, why would the firing animation lag behind?
If the projectile was invisible, there'd be no Sword, just a firing animation. And the muzzle burst does follow the weapon, but once the effect is generated, it remains stationary. It's just that at the lower ROF of the AR, you can't notice it.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Echo6

Post by Echo6 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:35 pm

i'm up for beta testing.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:02 am

Star Wars Jedi Knight II conversion
O_O MAN WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!! I FUCKING DOWNLOADED THAT GAME A WEEK AGO! O_O

like, i had the demo when i was young... :D so i got the game and played it till the end.. and well, WOW! you like it too?! christ, if you need a hand with anything ask me! O_O
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:41 am

TaxiService wrote:
O_O MAN WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!! I FUCKING DOWNLOADED THAT GAME A WEEK AGO! O_O

like, i had the demo when i was young... :D so i got the game and played it till the end.. and well, WOW! you like it too?! christ, if you need a hand with anything ask me! O_O
I just bought a whole bunch of games that I originally tried as torrent versions - cost me around $230, since Halo Full for Mac (not UB) is still $100 :( So moral of the story is, if you're going to download a torrented game, make sure you want to buy it first :P

Anyway, the Jedi Knight II / Star Wars in general conversion should be straightforward, since the models included are in .md3 format and I can convert those to .obj easily. But thanks, I'm sure there's a pre-release step somewhere down the line where I'll need a hand.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:33 am

well, i don't know i can do some effes, proj/jpt! adjusting, and all that shit that i usually do! :sweating: like, i cannot model or import models :oops:

i dunno! i'll try my best being of any use!

i wonder how to make the flechette gun though. :-\ like, it has four barrels, no? should we just make it fire four projectiles? (and two for secondary, meh)
the bryarr pistol acts almost exactly like the plasma pistol XD
MGM Sig

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:15 pm

Moxus wrote:
2310 wrote:But the AR's muzzle burst (I think) follows the weapon. So if the projectile was invisible, why would the firing animation lag behind?
If the projectile was invisible, there'd be no Sword, just a firing animation. And the muzzle burst does follow the weapon, but once the effect is generated, it remains stationary. It's just that at the lower ROF of the AR, you can't notice it.

-=Moxus=-
Ah ok. Still ... you get the idea of what I'm trying to achieve, right? A sword that you slash instead of stab. What would you recommend?

Zodiark
SEAL

Post by Zodiark » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:36 am

Hey do you still have the original blue prints for the cave map?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:10 am

Zodiark wrote:Hey do you still have the original blue prints for the cave map?
Yes.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Zodiark
SEAL

Post by Zodiark » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:40 pm

Can you send them to me, I have misplaced them and I would like to review them, thanks.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:18 pm

TaxiService wrote:

I have the demo but i hear the full doesn't work on my intel.... I loved that game.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:44 pm

^ i am on intel! it worked ^_^

but hey, you know what? i think i liked the demo more than the full game! o_o ohwrrgh.

oh, there is also a multiplayer, you know? :o sad that i could not use it because of.. um.. >_> i needed the original CD's. :sweating:
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:08 am

Frinîk wrote:
TaxiService wrote:

I have the demo but i hear the full doesn't work on my intel.... I loved that game.
Amy, I should mail you my copy that was made for intel. I can't play it anyway, I have to use a no-CD workaround that I downloaded in order to play it on my PPC. It's the Star Wars Gold Pack that works on Intel.

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:14 am

One more thing: The bloodgulch BSP with a single ground image. (see BGR collab recruitment thread) I might be able to help you with the Camera Angle and Radian Angle visualizer / converter app, what do you need?