MGM awards?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Good idea?

Brilliant!
67%
Might work.
20%
No, just no.
13%

Total votes: 15

Turtle
Operative

MGM awards?

Post by Turtle » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:53 am

I was thinking, why doesn't MGM have one already?
Basically There could be an annual Award presentation/topic, In which every one could nominate a mod for a certain award such as Mod of the year. The votes for each mod would be collected, and the mod with the most votes would obviously get the award.
Please vote in the poll and post ideas regarding awards and voting systems.
Edit: It would also be great if a Mod on HDM that has won an award has its award displayed next to it, your thoughts Sparky?
Also, there could be an Administrators choice. (Like an Editors choice)
Last edited by Turtle on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Moxus
Delta Force

Re: MGM awards?

Post by Moxus » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:32 am

It would be a good way to get some positive attention around other people's work on the forums.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:43 am

What is it with you and good ideas? i agree.
Having multiple catagories would be good. And getting mono to give custom titles like
2010 MGM Singleplayer winner
Etc.
It'd make people more likely to release mods but less likely to release tutorials so to keep their methods to themselves.
I think we should wipe Mod Testers and create the MGM award discussion. only mods released this year can be eligible.
We hold the ceremony in the chat.

Turtle
Operative

Post by Turtle » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:47 am

olly12345 wrote:What is it with you and good ideas? i agree.
Having multiple catagories would be good. And getting mono to give custom titles like
Etc.
It'd make people more likely to release mods but less likely to release tutorials so to keep their methods to themselves.
I think we should wipe Mod Testers and create the MGM award discussion. only mods released this year can be eligible.
Thanks a lot, and I agree, it would be good for people to release fewer turtorials (no offence Sparky :)) because it would hopefully encourage people to come up with there own methods, and newbs like myself might experiment a bit more!

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:17 am

Turtle wrote:
olly12345 wrote:What is it with you and good ideas? i agree.
Etc.
Thanks a lot, and I agree, it would be good for people to release fewer turtorials (no offence Sparky :)) because it would hopefully encourage people to come up with there own methods, and newbs like myself might experiment a bit more!
Tuts are good but they need to be moved to the tutorial board asap.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:14 am

This sounds like an awesome idea. Think we need someone who can write well to act as host? People should also start posting possible categories. I believe it shouldn't all be mod-based also. So like: Best Signature, Best Unrelated Post, Best Burn, Most Interesting Topic, Most Funny Topic. Entries should not come from boards that not all members have access to, so no group boards, although there can be group awards as well, like Most Active Group. (well, looks like The Collective won't be winning much...) Mod Award ideas: Best New Discovery, Best New Use of Old Discovery, Best Aesthetic Mod, Best Scen-Based Map, Best New Weapon, Best New Application, etc. All should be from this past year as well, 2009 into 2010, and we can make it a regular annual or monthly thing. (every month sounds like too much though)

What do you guys think?
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Turtle
Operative

Post by Turtle » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:27 am

Kayar wrote:This sounds like an awesome idea. Think we need someone who can write well to act as host? People should also start posting possible categories. I believe it shouldn't all be mod-based also. So like: Best Signature, Best Unrelated Post, Best Burn, Most Interesting Topic, Most Funny Topic. Entries should not come from boards that not all members have access to, so no group boards, although there can be group awards as well, like Most Active Group. (well, looks like The Collective won't be winning much...) Mod Award ideas: Best New Discovery, Best New Use of Old Discovery, Best Aesthetic Mod, Best Scen-Based Map, Best New Weapon, Best New Application, etc. All should be from this past year as well, 2009 into 2010, and we can make it a regular annual or monthly thing. (every month sounds like too much though)

What do you guys think?
Great idea, the awards don't just have to apply to Halo or Mods in general. And I thought about monthly awards, but it's likely that there will be months where few mods are released and for instance, Mod of the year sounds better than Mod of the month. And if it's yearly it will build some anticipation and allow people time to work on mods/topics ect. Having a host is vital in my opinion, and although I would like to play an active roll, I am in no way suited to writing detailed and incredibly awesome walls of text, where as some one like yourself would be perfect if your interested?
I will make a list of awards and categories when This topic has drummed up a little more interest, thanks for your input everyone.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:50 am

I can act as host. I'll make it interesting. But we should have a vote or something to see who would be the best host.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Turtle
Operative

Post by Turtle » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:57 am

Kayar wrote:I can act as host. I'll make it interesting. But we should have a vote or something to see who would be the best host.
Start new topic?
Do you want to make the topic or shall I?

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:29 am

Instead of custom user ranks, how about badges under the name (lol like pokemon)

Like in the spot where taxi had his taxis...

Also so not everyone votes on crossing it should be only in the time place it's being graded on (like olly said)

So if it's Mod of The Year award it has to be in the current year
And Mod of the month will be in the current month.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Häwk-Eye
Peon

Post by Häwk-Eye » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:56 am

Excellent idea, however I think a year will be too long a time period. The period should be about 1 - 3 months and there should be another forum dedicated to it with 3 - 5 administrators (Main judges/Server Hosts). Then, we can have an overall winner at the end of the year.
Darktails the Anti-Hero wrote:Sexual Predators are everywhere 0.o
Sparky wrote:You should exercise your research bone.
~Häwk-Eye~

Turtle
Operative

Post by Turtle » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:59 am

Frinîk wrote:Instead of custom user ranks, how about badges under the name (lol like pokemon)

Like in the spot where taxi had his taxis...

Also so not everyone votes on crossing it should be only in the time place it's being graded on (like olly said)

So if it's Mod of The Year award it has to be in the current year
And Mod of the month will be in the current month.
Yep, that was the idea, but good for picking up on it.
Oh, and regarding the badges, do you mean instead of there board rank like Mota has 'That's Mr Spammington to you' they should get there award, or something else? Edit: Wait, I get it. That's a good place but what would you put their, just 'MGM Award winner' and link it to the topic/mod or what?
Strangely Brown wrote:Excellent idea, however I think a year will be too long a time period. The period should be about 1 - 3 months and there should be another forum dedicated to it with 3 - 5 administrators (Main judges/Server Hosts). Then, we can have an overall winner at the end of the year.
That's interesting, and I actually think 3 months is better, and the overall year thing. I'll wait to see what every else has to say, but good stuff!!

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:13 am

Well i dont want the User Rank to be replaced, so just have badges so like how taxi's says Nightstalker then has taxis under it

Example:

Lolkid
Delta Force
*badges (year, month all have different)*

I originally just wanted badges in the signature, but then people could just place their own there, so a special badge picture spot under the User Rank would be better.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Turtle
Operative

Post by Turtle » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:16 am

Frinîk wrote:Well i dont want the User Rank to be replaced, so just have badges so like how taxi's says Nightstalker then has taxis under it

Example:

Lolkid
Delta Force
*badges (year, month all have different)*

I originally just wanted badges in the signature, but then people could just place their own there, so a special badge picture spot under the User Rank would be better.
Yes, that's a good place but will need Monoman's approval.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:29 am

Sort of implied lol

But i can start working on the Gym Badges err... i mean award badges.
MGM Sig