Bots Modding

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Yayap the Grunt

Bots Modding

Post by Yayap the Grunt » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:59 pm

Okay, I know how to add AI on the map (I recently made a small battle) but I can only add them in vehicles (on board).
I've seen many mods on which the Ai run in the map without being on a vehicle. Can someone give me a link to a tutorial or explain to me how to get them out of the vehicles without tilting them over? When the Ai were killed they never respawned. How can you make them respawn?

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: Bots Modding

Post by Mgalekgolo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:09 pm

change the weap in any ITMC to vehi (laggy sometimes). flip it in swordedit. so it dosent kill them, go to the vehicle you want to spawn them. change the coll to something small like doorblinker. that is just my method but it works great for me.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Zodiark
SEAL

Post by Zodiark » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:19 pm

Right now there is no way to spawn them outside vehicles without CE. There is a way to make the vehicle constantly respawn and more AI's come. It was done in the L4D mod. So extract the Zombie Spawn (ITMC) and import it into your map. Place the zombie spawn somewhere. What it does is spawn an invisable tank (Correct me if I'm wrong) that has flood come out. So the ITMC tag has a WEAP tag that shoots tanks that carry AI's. So just go to the VEHI zombie spawner and change the AI's to what ever you want. The AI's will constantly respawn, but so will the tank. So place the blue warthog outside the map so invisible tanks don't keep respawning.

Well this is all of the top of my head, I'm away from my
comp so I can't confirm all of this, but from what I looked at before that is what I remember.

Yayap the Grunt

Post by Yayap the Grunt » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Sorry, but I don't know how to use Swordedit. I've searched for tutorials but I can't find any...

@Zodiark - That looks like it will work, but where can I find the F4D mod and how can I move the Blue Warthog?

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:54 pm

Swordedit is very simple to use, I always find it strange when anyone says they can't figure out how to use it.

Open swordedit, then go file-->open--> and then choose the bloodgulch.map file you want to edit.

Now, you should see bloodgulch and everything in it. The buttons on the bottom of the window change your mode. You should see buttons for camera, translation, and selection, as well as duplication. These are the most important buttons.

Try this: Choose the move camera button. Now use wsad to move around in the map, and click and drag with the mouse to change your camera view. C should be able to lower you vertically, and another key (v maybe?) raises you vertically. Or you can point your camera up and move up, or point it down and move down.

Next, find an object that you want to move to another location. Back the camera out so that you can get a good view of it, and press the "select" button to change to selection mode. You will not be able to click to move the camera while in this mode. Instead, click on the object you want to move. A green box should appear around it, indicating that you have selected it. It's a bit tough, because swordedit does not register the mouse click at exactly the point of the mouse, rather, it registers up and slightly to the right. Select other objects for practice to get the hang of it.

Now, select an object, and choose translation mode. Now, when you click on-screen and drag, you should see the object move in the direction you drag in. Dragging up sends it away from you, dragging down brings it towards you, dragging left and right has a similar effect. This gets tricky. If the object goes off-screen and you can't see where you're moving it, don't panic. Switch to camera mode without deselecting the object, and fly off and go find the object. Once you have a good view of it, you can switch back to translation mode and move it wherever you want it. To move an object vertically, hold control while you click and drag.

Now, go up to the right-hand corner of the screen. You should see tabs, one for "spawn editing" or something like that and another for something else, can't remember off the top of my head, probably bsp. These are the editing modes. Choose to edit the spawn, and you will be given a bunch of different options. Among these should be spawn rotation. If you are trying to flip a vehicle so that AI will fall out of it, select the vehicle, go to spawn editing, and click and drag the roll, pitch, and yaw bars to change the rotation of the vehicle. You can flip the vehicle upside-down this way so that the AI will fall out.

...And that's swordedit basics 101. Thank you and goodnight.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Yayap the Grunt

Post by Yayap the Grunt » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:42 am

Thank you very much Kayar, that answers one of my questions. I just have two remaining:

How to repawn the vehicles constantly so that Ai keep coming out, but without the map being full of unused vehicles?

and How to make AI's be on different teams, for example I want to make an Elite vs. Grunt and Jackal battle. How can I make the elites be on one side and the Grunts and Jackals on the other?

Like this battle

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:47 am

Teams are not possible until sparky comes with his plugins filled with magic.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:15 am

And someone came up with a method for spawning AI while ensuring there weren't any excess vehicles on the map. I believe it had something to do with nulling collision. As for making them spawn constantly, not so much. Plus it'd be really, really, laggy.

EDIT:
Flaming Bunnies wrote:just got to the vehicles mod2 and swap all references in there to "ligh: effects/light/coop respawn"
then change the coll in the vehicle the healthpack collision model.
Don't forget to make the seats un-usable too. By this method, the vehicles will still be there, but for all practical purposes to the player, they won't be.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Moxus wrote:And someone came up with a method for spawning AI while ensuring there weren't any excess vehicles on the map....
The crazy respawning is a result of the 'blue warthog respawn glitch'. You can see this in action by swapping a vehi tag into one of the scen tag references within the scnr tag. The game interprets the vehi tag as a scen and doesn't handle the additional chunk data used by the vehicle type (according to my interpretation). The information lost is related to the respawn coordinates of the item, which is why the first vehicle chunk reference is used by default (again speculation, but you can verify this by looking at the "vehicles" chunks in the scnr tag meta data to see if the blue warthog is the first in the list), resulting in the mishandled vehicle being respawned at the coordinates of the blue machine gun warthog.

Alternatively, it is an internal mishandling between the scnr and the respawn feature of the game.

Anyway, move the blue machine gun warthog outside the map to avoid this 'glitch'.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Yayap the Grunt

Post by Yayap the Grunt » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Okay, after I move the Blue Machinegun warthog out of the map what do I do to respawn the vehicles?
Here's a small guide based on the info all of you have given me. Thanks! *Note* please correct me is the guide is wrong.

1A. Recursively extract the actv of the AI and open and expand the map you want the AI to be on, and select the check button to import the AI (Eschaton)
1B. in vehi tag fill the actv (with the AI I want to appear) and switch its coll to something small, make the seats un-usable then rebuild the map (Eschaton)
2. flip the vehicle over in swordedit and move the blue machinegun warthog out of the map in the same program (SwordEdit)

Special thanks to :
The Pillar of Autumn
Zodiark
Kayar
Sparky
Moxus

Remaining steps

Respawning Vehicles without the map being full of unused vehicles
Making the Teams
Last edited by Yayap the Grunt on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Sparky wrote:
Moxus wrote:And someone came up with a method for spawning AI while ensuring there weren't any excess vehicles on the map....
The crazy respawning is a result of the 'blue warthog respawn glitch'. You can see this in action by swapping a vehi tag into one of the scen tag references within the scnr tag. The game interprets the vehi tag as a scen and doesn't handle the additional chunk data used by the vehicle type (according to my interpretation). The information lost is related to the respawn coordinates of the item, which is why the first vehicle chunk reference is used by default (again speculation, but you can verify this by looking at the "vehicles" chunks in the scnr tag meta data to see if the blue warthog is the first in the list), resulting in the mishandled vehicle being respawned at the coordinates of the blue machine gun warthog.

Alternatively, it is an internal mishandling between the scnr and the respawn feature of the game.

Anyway, move the blue machine gun warthog outside the map to avoid this 'glitch'.
Yet, if one makes the vehicles have a non-existant collision and appearance, one wouldn't need to respawn them outside the map.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Yayap the Grunt

Post by Yayap the Grunt » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:18 pm

So if I null out both what will happen?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:42 am

Yayap the Grunt wrote:Okay, after I move the Blue Machinegun warthog out of the map what do I do to respawn the vehicles?

Go under the scnr tag's dependency swapper and choose a scen slot you don't need. Swap in the vehicle that has your AI into that scen slot by changing its type to 'vehi' at the bottom and entering in your vehicle's tag name from the popup menu.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Yayap the Grunt

Post by Yayap the Grunt » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:17 pm

:) Thank you very much Sparky!

Only one question remains :)

How can I form teams?

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:53 pm

From what I know, the current Eschaton Plugins don't work with the existing team flags (Those are real right? I think I saw them once) but I hear Sparky is using his wand of fix on them. Beware, it has a long cooldown time.