WINTERGULCH V1

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Re: WINTERGULCH V1

Post by TaxiService » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:46 am

emulate Sparkedit!! Or use a windows machine if you have one and cannot emulate!

Swordedit kills maps slowly! D:
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:23 am

TaxiService wrote:Swordedit kills maps slowly! D:
That'd explain why my maps begin to crash after I've worked on them for a while....
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:40 am

^Hold on, Swordedit kills?
Never happened to me, as I always have backups for even 1 modification I do.
Make sure not to save twice when swordedit is open! Or your map will crash.
Click!

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:24 am

Sugarlumps wrote:I always have backups for even 1 modification I do.
Me too! but look at this scenario!!

then look at the same scenario as sparkedit reads it!:

what the shit are these artifacts?!!

D: sparkedit made those fake tags when i added the reals one into the scenario!! (using swordedit)
now my scnr is fuck'd up in that section, and i don't know what those stuff do!!

luckily the map still works o_o but i'm not sure how much i can use swordedit on that map again! o_o
MGM Sig

{DKW}Drk

Post by {DKW}Drk » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:17 pm

You could have converted a CE mod then RIP off its BSP then work from there.
scenery based maps are usually not that good.. :| ( take galaxy wars for example. was it not very good when it came to scenario. CMT multiplayer maps do... try looking for 'snowgrove' thats a good one.. >_>)

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:22 pm

^no not rly.

And if you duplicate too many times on swordedit you no longer can import
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:17 pm

{DKW}Drk wrote:You could have converted a CE mod then RIP off its BSP then work from there.
scenery based maps are usually not that good.. :|
uhh... NO!
first of all, the map in question is not a scenery map. ._. why did you assume that?
secondly, thanks dicks that CMT bsps are better than scenery maps! but what'cha gonna do? If we were all always only importing BSPs from CE then we would all be dead a long time ago. \-:

but goddammit! I would like to have seen you all before pearl or harbinger came out!! >_< Today is so easy to just convert whole maps that you people just wont bother learning even the simplest modding bases! bahrrg! this is just so outrageous!!
MGM Sig

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:06 am

but goddammit! I would like to have seen you all before pearl or harbinger came out!! >_< Today is so easy to just convert whole maps that you people just wont bother learning even the simplest modding bases! bahrrg! this is just so outrageous!!
Inorite, noobs think that oh if i can get this super awesome map in CE (which is super awesome...IN CE >_>) to demo people will praise me and think i am awesome. When the truth is anyone can convert (minus those without full >_>) but seriously, pearl was made so you can play CE maps on demo, not to release them as mods. If only the new people make real mods, modding is about being creative and manipulating things to make them your way, not about what tags you can get and how much your mod looks like halo 3 >_>
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:48 am

Start small, JB.

Here are some things for you to experiment with, by way of vehicles:

1. Enable all vehicles by going under scnr and changing all the vehicle references to a single vehicle type.
2. Move the blue machinegun warthog outside of the map, then swap a scen reference with a vehi reference in the scnr tag. Then use SwordEdit to duplicate that vehicle around the map.
3. Change the vehicle seats between third-person and first-person views using Bitmask flags and trak references in the vehi tag.
4. Change the Vehicle Passthrough Penalty (Float value) of damage that projectiles do when they hit a vehicle.
5. Change the phys(ics) and speed of vehicles.

Here are some things for you to experiment with, by way of weapons:

1. Swap to a different projectile (or replace with a biped or other object) using the dependency swapper for the weap tag.
2. Change the firing ejection port offset positions (Float value) in the weap trigger reflexive (I think it's there?).
3. Change rate of fire and ammo count (not projectiles per shot, which is not CSS).
4. Change maximum loaded ammo count and use the Ammo Display Converter application to change the same number on the Assault Rifle, if you need to.
5. Swap a new model into the mod2 reference. Change the shaders. Mess with the appearance of the weapon.

Here are some things for you to experiment with, by way of player physics:

1. Using the bipd tag (cyborg_mp), change the jumping velocity. Also null falling damage under Bitmasks.
2. Change the running speed and crouch velocity multiplier under the matg tag.
3. Enable wall-walking under bitmasks for the bipd tag, then change the falloff angle under the matg tag.
4. Running faster and jumping higher are not CSS, but what else can you change that is CSS? Maybe "passes through other bipeds"?
5. Experiment with the flag "runs around flaming". Mess with the falling distance and velocity float values.

Here are some things for you to experiment with, by way of vehicle physics:

1. In the phys tag, can you make the warthog hover?
2. Can you make the ghost handle like a pelican?
3. Hint: not everything regarding physics is in the phys tag type. Look in the vehi, coll and mod2 tag types, also.
4. Change the name of the markers for the vehicles. Can you make bullets shoot out of the headlights?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:50 am

lol blue hog... has anyone ever figured out why that even happens?
MGM Sig

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:52 pm

^ probably because it has spawning index == 0? and since vehicles swapned by weapons don't have a spawning index they all spawn there? o_O
MGM Sig

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:25 am

TaxiService wrote:^ probably because it has spawning index == 0? and since vehicles swapned by weapons don't have a spawning index they all spawn there? o_O
Happens to ones replaced with scenery.. I'd imagine they would have a spawn index.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:27 am

Mota-Lev wrote:Happens to ones replaced with scenery.. I'd imagine they would have a spawn index.
Hmm. :-\ i'd wonder if the specific spawn index is within the max vehicle spawn index, but that isn't the reason since if you swap every scenery in bg with vehicles, they will all spawn at blue's hog. <_<

then vehicles have a special spawning index or something! something that is set in the gametype!
MGM Sig