MGM Modding Pro Challenge

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Kayar
Delta Force

Re: MGM Modding Pro Challenge

Post by Kayar » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Yeah, is it alright if I don't do this because I'm lazy and have already modded the crap out of a ton of other maps which have been released over the course of what has it been three years now and there just is no point and I still call myself a modding pro anyway? Because that's what I'm doing. Or else I'll just not be a modding pro.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Simply, if you don't already know for sure how to do any of those things, then you should challenge yourself to figure it out. I didn't know exactly how to change the spartan colors, and apparently Taxi and friends didn't either (?), so I experimented and blew that spitball out of the straw.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Sparky wrote:Simply, if you don't already know for sure how to do any of those things, then you should challenge yourself to figure it out. I didn't know exactly how to change the spartan colors, and apparently Taxi and friends didn't either (?), so I experimented and blew that spitball out of the straw.
I did it.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:23 pm

Sparky wrote:I didn't know exactly how to change the spartan colors, and apparently Taxi and friends didn't either (?)
tell me: how did you change them to green and orange? you didn't explain it in the do-not-read tutorial you stuck in the previous page.

did you... did you, by chance, tint cyborg's armor yellow? yeah, no, 'cause that's what i have been freakin' saying since the goddamn beginning! :mad:

i did not take it into consideration because sacrificing personal armor colors just to have green vs orange teams is not worth it!
...it isn't like we found where team colors are and edited those values; we just found a bad way to obtain something!

and i'd rather not add a such a thing to any of my final mods. D: but sure, it can be useful for learning!
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:08 am

Sparky wrote:Simply, if you don't already know for sure how to do any of those things, then you should challenge yourself to figure it out. I didn't know exactly how to change the spartan colors, and apparently Taxi and friends didn't either (?), so I experimented and blew that spitball out of the straw.
I don't really see the point in finding out whatever I don't know if the odds of me using that knowledge in the future are nil. I.E., knowledge for the sake of knowledge is kinda fail.
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:30 am

I would do everything on the list except the importation and scenery editing. Because

A] Moving all that stuff takes too much time with our current tools
and B] I don't like importing new things, simple as that.

The fact that I never bothered to learn to properly do importation has nothing to do with it. It's really the opposite, actually. I decided long ago to not jump on the import bandwagon and stuck with my simple editing.

I'll truly screw up the vehicles, weapons, and projectiles (but in a good way), not to mention effects, damages, particles, sounds, etc. But I cannot complete this as I refuse to learn even the simplest importation (ok, I want to replace the pistol with a crowbar, but thats been the only thing I have ever wanted to import, and the tutorials failed miserably when I tried it). Obviously I wouldn't call myself a Pro, Master, or Expert. But I would accept Artist. Maybe I'll make a sequel to Killtacular or pull out all the testing mods I have saved over the years and see what I can do with that*.

*I wouldn't count on it. I've been saying this all summer. :roll:

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:55 am

draconic74 wrote:Obviously I wouldn't call myself a Pro, Master, or Expert. But I would accept Artist.
I'mma quote that! o:

btw drac: importation is a good thing! D: you can mess with a weapon and then export it in a plain bloodgulch, so that you can have that weapon and the original in the same map. o_o

that's the best thing one could do, imo.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Is anyone besides myself working on this?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:47 pm

prob not. im fixing my AI mod
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Sparky wrote:Is anyone besides myself working on this?
was. got bored. I'm more of a bitmapper anyways.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:57 am

It is alot, but it makes a sweet mod, all told.

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:59 am

don't feel like making something new so use my Construct mod.

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=13228

Meh.