Macsoft employee will die by my hands, here is why.

Moderator: Altimit01

Dirk Gently
Commando

Macsoft employee will die by my hands, here is why.

Post by Dirk Gently » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:14 am

So for my shader mod I am working I have have been able to get all bumpmaps to show up, previously it has been at the cost of having broken shaders until the active camo shader being used in-game. I have figured a way around that now by the following:

Code: Select all

Original:
TEX t0, f0, texture[0], 2D;
Changed to:

First revision:
TEX t0, f0, texture[0], CUBE;
and is now:

Current revision:
TEX t0, f0, texture[0], RECT;
Now when I use active camo and the shader activates, everything reverts back to being without bumpmaps visible.

As to why Macsoft thought it was a good idea to use HLSL in the mac version of halo is beyond me.... and it is driving me crazy, how are the active camo and environment lightmap shaders related?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Macsoft employee will die by my hands, here is why.

Post by nil » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Well, first, I've no solution to your issue at all :P and I don't really know much about shaders and never used GLSL or anything myself.

From leet googlings, I hear that for OpenGL, there's either GLSL or Cg (which apparently is very similar to HLSL, and has variants like CgFX). I also hear that it's easy to convert HLSL/Cg shaders to GLSL too, which is what Halo might do so that they could keep the shader files 'more' portable I suppose, or for whatever other reason there might be.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!