HDemoLauncher for Full?

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Vegerot
SEAL

HDemoLauncher for Full?

Post by Vegerot » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Just wondering, since demo no longer works, would it be possible for someone to convert HDemoLauncher to be compatible with Halo full? (uggggh, you know that feeling when you get no sleep and can't write for shit. well that's how I feel)
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: HDemoLauncher for Full?

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:03 pm

I asked this awhile ago.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:52 pm

^That was pointless.

Hm, it shouldn't be that hard to do...you should try PMing nil, cause he doesn't really browse the forums much anymore.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:44 pm

He visits his HDM wiki user page, so he's still around.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:48 pm

^Which is why I said to pm him, because I doubt he still browses the forums...as in checks all the topics. His traffic at HDM does not determine whether he reads the topics or not. It's safer to pm him about it though.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:16 am

Check the couple of release topics for HDemoLauncher in the Modding Programs forum.
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=13843
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Obviously, Sparky doesn't seem to know what's going on..

Here's the thread Mgalekgolo is referring to: http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopi ... 43&t=13915

Basically, I don't want to put the effort into porting and maintaining a version for Halo Full. Considering:
a) Despite it being evolved over a "simple" idea, the code-base is decently big, at least, much larger than my other Halo tools. It probably contains lots of deprecated code now, was targeted for 10.3/10.4 (targeting anything below 10.6 now is insane), some areas of code is messy/bad/sloppy, which doesn't help.
b) Halo Full isn't easily acquirable, and I don't want to spend time making a tool that is hard to acquire. (Also worth mentioning Halo graphics are buggy too, noticeably on newer Macs)
c) It'll be less good. Eg, the download manager would either not exist or be lame. Would have to add another ugly map column or some other UI.

[EDIT]: Also, this is posted in the wrong forum. Seriously. This ought to be in the general Halo Demo forum.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!