B40 (Assault on the Control Room) Glitch? Please HELP!

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Re: B40 (Assault on the Control Room) Glitch? Please HELP!

Post by TaxiService » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Could it be your Eschaton? o_O What version are you using? IIRC there was a version that didn't work properly or something.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:30 am

x0v3rKiLx wrote:I'm really stumped about what could be causing this =/

Every time I try to import custom tags into B40 through Eschaton, the beginning cutscene of AotCR glitches out. The walking grunt does not appear from the initial birds-eye view camera, the Pelican remains invisible for the letterbox portion of the cutscene and, when it appears afterwards, the Master Chief jumps out IMMEDIATELY as the view switches to first-person, sending him falling into the abyss below. Before dying however, the game freezes and quits entirely.

Keep in mind, the whole time, NONE of the imported custom content is even REFERENCED. The map apparently cannot even handle unreferenced custom content =/

The tags imported include:

Custom NPC Bipeds
Custom 1st Person Hands
Custom HUDs and Grenade HUDs
Custom MC Models
Custom Weapon Tags

Is this a known problem with AotCR's ability to handle custom tags and stuff? Is there a workaround for it? It's obviously possible to mod B40 (otherwise CMT couldn't make THEIR custom version or H3 Style Campaign's B40 map wouldn't exist), but I don't know what to do about this problem? Does anyone have any concrete solutions? Thanks
Yeah, this happens to me a lot. If none of them are working try importing them to another map, or try using a different application to do it (as sexy as Eschaton is, sometimes other apps will not get the same errors).
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:46 am

Yeah I'm using Eschaton 0.8.1.1. As far as I know, that's the latest version that has rebuilding capabilities (0.8.2 doesn't just yet from what I heard).

I need to import to this map =/ I'm doing a Halo Anniversary total conversion mod, and one of the things I'm doing is completely remastering the campaign.

I have never worked with a modding app outside of Eschaton, so how do I internalize bitmaps and import tags from other maps using let's say HHK?
New York's #1 Halo: Reach Player (KDR)

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:18 am

Don't use 0.8.1.1 if it's not working properly, it's an unofficial release I worked up to give tag attributes info boxes.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:26 am

i use 0.8. :| Never had problems. I think i have also rebuilt a b40 with some custom weapons i made!

Hey, if everything fails you could send the tags to me and i could try importing them in b40! If my map works then i'll send it to you or something!

(expect delays)
MGM Sig

Mgalektrolo

Post by Mgalektrolo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:09 am

I rebuilt b40 with a hovercraft, but it crashed at one point during that big battle. derp.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:40 am

Okay that sounds like that would be a good idea!

Come to think of it, I've used TWO versions of Eschaton actually, 0.8 and 0.8.1.1 both, neither work on B40, and C40 won't even accept custom bitmaps =/

I didn't try re-importing the tags into C10 using 0.8 (i used 0.8.1.1), so before you import them into C10, just let me give it a whack and see if i can fix that problem myself. As for B40 and C40, I'm positive I'll need your help, Taxi.

Thank you VERY much for the offer! I'll upload the tag set first chance I get and work on the rest of the campaign and the multiplayer maps. That will keep me more than busy while I wait. :) Thanks again

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 pm

i just hope the maps will work! Saying "never had problems" is wrong. XD we all had problems while modding at times!

Anyway i'm glad i can try doing something to help! D: I, uh, don't know how soon you'll receive the finished maps though! With all this time zones bullcrap and real life occupations it could take some hours to me to deliver the maps! (if they work!)

but yeah! we'll see. o_o
MGM Sig

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Not a problem, I have plenty of other work on this project to keep me busy :) Take care of it at your leisure!

You're doing me a huge, free favor so I have no complaints :)

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:21 pm

I used 0.7 for a bit and I think that worked fine. I don't remember if 0.6(patching if I remember correctly, Oh, that huge patch folder...) worked or not, I don't think I even had full then.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks, 0.7 imports tags and rebuilds maps just great. Seems that problem is resolved. Now...

0.7 doesn't handle bitmap internalization. Could you suggest a workaround?

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.